The Cruiserath site is a 45 Acre development on a 100 Acre site that is designed as a flexible, multi-purpose high containment (Band 4) highly-automated bulk production pharmaceutical facility. Some products BMS Cruiserath has manufactured include Avapro (Irbesartan) and Reyataz (Atazanavir Sulfate) and Ongylza (Saxagliptin. The 30,000-square meter project will house six 15,000-litre bioreactors and a purification area as well as office and laboratory space.
The LOC building consists of a two storey Laboratory and Administration Building with a mechanical penthouse, sized 16,346 m2
The project consists of a new Lab Office complete building (LOC) which includes: QC Labs, MS&T labs, Administrative Space, Cafeteria, Main Reception/ Security, Conferencing, IT Data Centre, Healthcare Area, New Office Facility.
The LOC will be a standalone building connected to the LSM via a link
Our scope included the detail design, fabrication, supply and installation of the External envelope for the new Lab Office Cafeteria (LOC) Building & connecting Link.
The building is a three-story building with Portico at the main entry and portico continuation along the west side of the building.
The overall dimensions LOC – overall length is 120.6m and width 58.7m. The overall building height is 18.5m and the height of the Low roof of the building is 11.0 m. Floor heights are 5.5 meters (typical) between Ground to First and First to Second floor levels.
Architectural scope summary:
Items installed included the following:
• Architectural Precast panel system.
• Cladding systems in insulated composite panels with profile and colour as specified in specification.
• Wall louvers; active and inactive as specified in this document and on the Architect’s drawings.
• Glazing and Curtain walling systems.
• Brise Soleil systems.
• External doors complete with door hardware specified in drawings, schedules and specification.
• Roof insulation.
• Roof drainage formed in insulation to falls and crickets.
• Elastomeric sheet material single membrane roofing system.
• Roof vents.
• Roof AOV and access hatches.
• Rainwater primary and overflow disposal system.
• Fire protection to penetrations in fire rated walls as specified in drawings, schedules and specification.