Would you like to be a part of our expanding Team? We are currently seeking a Senior QS for our Dublin office. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience and will be offered the opportunity to progress and develop their career with Duggan Brothers. The ideal candidate will have 7+ years’ experience in a similar role.
Role and responsibilities:
- Analyse documentation to prepare time, cost, materials and labour costs vs estimates.
- All quantity surveying duties including measurements, valuation and agreement of work sections
- Experience in project management
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Competent in all forms of estimating packages, Microsoft excel and word
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments or construction manager/supervisors to discuss cost
- Monitor cost from subcontractors, explore variances, managing issues in conjunction with manager
- Reports on actual costs and examines estimates used by management for purpose such as planning, organising and scheduling work.
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and other necessary documentation at regular intervals for the duration of the project
- Assess cost effectiveness of products, projects or services, tracking actual costs relative to bids as the project develops
- Set up cost monitoring and reporting system and procedures
- Conduct special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost date to be effective on cost reduction
- Hold a degree in Construction Economics or Quantity Surveying
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- Ability to price and estimate project
- Ability to agree final accounts, negotiations with sub-contractors
- Contractual knowledge and understanding covering RIAI, PWC and related bespoke contracts
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.